Thursday, July 9, 2009

Two (very different) Goodbyes

As soon as you guys read these two names you will probably exit out of my blog and never return again...but the first goodbye is to Michael Jackson.  Now I have never been a huge fan (although recently I have been remembered just how many of his songs I love to sing to) but Randy and I got to see an amazing tribute show in Mexico, that seemed more like a concert for the not-dead-but-living-in-Cancun superstar.  This guy (we never saw him up close) had MJ down to a "t"--the look, the voice (only talking, he lip synched the songs), and especially the dancing.  It was one of those strange things to realize that your brain still remembers every word to songs like "Thriller", "Black and White" and the infamous "Will You Be There" from Free Willy...I could just picture Joshua Jackson holding up his hand as Willy jumps over him to be freed into the ocean...haha.  Here's one of the videos with a solo (Randy asked me to not overwhelm you with all of them):



On a much more personal note, we had to say goodbye to our first couple-friend moving out of Memphis.  The great thing about Med/Dental school and our apartment complex is that we have met many friends and had some great memories from dinners and especially game nights.  The bad thing about making friends in this condition is that it is inevitable that everyone will move at one point, and most likely to different areas.  Russ and Heather are the first, and they are moving to Knoxville for Russ to finish his medical rotations.  They have two cats, and although them and Jack didn't get along as friends, our love for cats has made us close.  We've had road trips to Nashville, barbeque with them at Central (they were actually the first to introduce us) and Jerry's as of recently.  They have become very good friends and it is going to be so weird without them.  I know Heather will miss trying to help the girls win on game night, they will both miss little Jack, and we will miss them!  We wish them the best...

No comments:

Post a Comment