Monday, July 20, 2009

Happy Birthday to EWE!

A birthday post to a dear friend...

Rarely ever does someone come into your life in Kindergarten and stick around for 19 years. I am extremely lucky to say that some of my best friends to this day were right there with me learning our ABC's. Actually, some even date back to pre-K 3. Well, either Kelsey was too cool for me in pre-K 3 or I was too cool for her. Either way, we didn't become pals until Kindergarten, and a couple years later I remember staying up all night in her attic reading books so that we could win the Read-A-Thon that the school was hosting. We didn't win, but that's not the point.
Those of you that know me know that I have quite an imagination and a "creative" sense of humor. Kelsey is the only one I know that shares that humor with me. Kelsa and Lynsa have been friends now through it all...playing "elevator" with my car seats when I first got my license, getting lost on purpose, flying down "Speed Bump" Road, and other scary car stories. It's amazing we didn't get killed. Then there is Cross Country and Track. Never did two slackers enjoy running together as much as we did. We would do everything we could to get out of running some days...whether it was running to a friends house, drinking lemonade, then having them drive us back to the school's campus....or running out of sight and then playing on the playground til the allotted time was up. When I was at Lipscomb and she was at Belmont, we stepped on a plate and shouted "Mazel Tov!"the first night in her new house as roomates. She actually was the one to convince me of going on a formal with Randy which in turn led to our marriage...(okay, maybe that is a little of a stretch, but who knows what would have happened if I didn't go)
Anyways, I have been truly blessed to have grown up with so many of the friends I have today. With me now in Memphis and Kelsey jetsetting between Nashville, LA, and New York for her job, we don't have as many adventures but we do have just as strong of a friendship.
From the handwritten quote book she gave to me years ago...
"A friend is someone who knows all about you, and still likes you."
Happy Birthday, Kelsa!

1 comment:

  1. omg lynz. i haven't been to apartment until now. you just made me so happy, words cant explain.

    ReplyDelete