The first is...

RANDY is a HANDYman! He fixed the garbage disposal all by himself this week! Yes, we live in an apartment and could have gotten management to do it for us, but we also have an "illegal" cat and could have been charged a ridiculous amount of money for going against the apartment rules. You don't realize how wonderful garbage disposals are until yours breaks, and you smell...well, you understand. But my handyman Randy got it fixed in 20 minutes! He has recently changed the spark plugs on my car all by himself, too. I'm so proud! You might think this is a minor detail and not blog-worthy, but believe me, I am so relieved to know I can now make a honey-do list that will actually get done!
Next is...
I got a projector for my art room! Some of you do not see how this is exciting, so let me explain. As an art teacher, students must see visuals...plain and simple. Do we have text books? No. Do middle schoolers want to read all the art books I own that are geared towards elementary students? No. Technology is the best way to reach middle schoolers, and until now, I have had to put my name on a list in the library way ahead of time to make sure one was reserved...but, now I have one. A brand NEW one! I am crossing my fingers that this is a sign that I just might get to stay full time next year. Until then, I will enjoy exposing my students to the wonderful world of art. Now I just have to become more tech-savvy. Once I learn how, the sky's the limit! We can do virtual tours of art museums like the Louvre in Paris. (Enough art talk, I know)Last.... this week was good because my mind was on service. Thanks to the faculty and student participation, we will be sending about $1,000 to a group of doctors in Haiti, and it wouldn't have happened if I had not took the lead and gotten it together. My role was only in the planning, so most credit goes to those who contributed money. However, it did make the work week so much better knowing that we were helping, and putting things into perspective. It is so easy to get bogged down with the little details of the day, but so refreshing to focus on something more important--helping others. Now, if I can just have this outlook every week of the year, I might be on to something!
I hope the "good" continues the next couple of days with things like the Super Bowl, my birthday, and Valentine's Day coming up!
your birthday's coming up?? ;)
ReplyDeleteyou are such a mood-lifter lynz. love your blog-posts, but even more, i love ewe
What an awesome person you are...are you sure your our daughter???
ReplyDeleteMom