The birthday girls.
The Cheerful Givers.
Parking Lot pic.
Next morning was Mother/Daughter breakfast time with Michelle, my mom, and her mom. Again, we just sat around for hours talking about memories, weddings, snow days, and everything in between. My mom made the closest thing to sweets she could find (trying to satisfy my sweet tooth without giving up Lent) and made Banana's Foster French Toast. Yum.
That night I went with my parents to Cantina Laredo for my birthday dinner. This was the first time it really set in that my sister doesn't live in Nashville anymore. That was a strange realization. The restaurant was very good, especially the guacamole made at our table and our quirky waiter who talked about believing in aliens. When my mom told him I didn't want the birthday dessert, he asked how old I was. After saying 25, you could tell he clearly thought I was much younger having a sweet dinner with parents.
Daddy and Me.
Mother and Daughter.
Before I left on Sunday, I went by to see the Lowe's. For those of you who don't know, I was a babysitter/nanny for the same two kids for 7 years. Hayden was only 3 years old! They have always treated me as a Lowe and truly are family to me. We joked about how Hayden will be babysitting my kids in the future- I said only if she doesn't expect fancy trips to California each summer :)

Hayden and Molly, who I've also babysat for 7 years.
I thought it was over, but I had one more celebration in my future! My Memphis friends had planned a birthday celebration the week of my birthday, but due to some uncontrollable events, it never happened. All signs pointed to the fact that there was some reason we were not supposed to get together, but they were persistent and ended up treating me to a pedicure on Monday night! It was the perfect night...good friends, foot massage, pretty toes, yummy and greasy pizza, spinach dip, fruit, and the addictive drama known as the Bachelor!
I am so blessed to have these girls in my life here in Memphis, and it is great having people who understand what you're going through. I can't imagine how happy we will all be when our husbands are done, but also how sad it will be realizing we will all split up...oh well, we have 2 1/2 more years before that happens!
Pretty toes! (and complimentary polish on Lauren's hands)
Mondays are fun thanks to "Wives Club" Julie, Kayla, Lauren, and Me...Thanks, girls!
Awww...we had so much fun with you this past weekend. Sorry Randy had to miss it. I'm still sore from our walk on Sunday (not really). Don't know many people who love celebrating their birthday more than you. You are blessed with so many wonderful friends.
ReplyDeleteLove you...Mom
i'm sorry i couldn't be a part, lynz. looks like you have enough friends without me, but never worry, this just mean your birthday will still live on! can't wait to see you in March (i hope!)...call me over the weekend? would love a phone date.
ReplyDelete