Saturday, September 19, 2009

Upgrade

He did it!....my dad has finally bought a truck!
Those of you that understand my dad and the trucks of his past, you will be happy to know that he is now the owner of a 2001 navy blue Dodge Ram, extended cab, and apparently pretty big (I have yet to see it). We are so proud of him...now all he has to do is keep it looking nice.
Easier said than done. I thought I would go down memory lane for just a minute to talk about my dad's past trucks. First of all, this is the first automobile he will drive that has air! I have been told that his first car didn't even have windshield wipers! what?! The truck I remember best was a Ford. It was red, rusty, had one of those Indian fabric looking seat covers, a hole in the floorboard between the pedals, and plenty of crazy noises to go with it. Several of my friends got to experience it breaking down, which became the norm. Nevertheless, I was the ultimate daddy's girl falling asleep on his shoulder, always, always sitting in the middle seat. We would always listen to Christian music...I remember one Christmas riding in the truck to Cookeville and being packed to the brim with blankets and quilts because it had no heat. Eventually, he painted that truck camo with spray paint and sold it, and got another red truck- which quickly got roughed up with dings and scars.
The past several years he has been driving my old Explorer, which just does not fit him at all. He is a truck man and always will be. Those of you that do not know my dad may think this all is silly, but those that DO know, you understand how monumental this occasion is...Way to go, Dad!

3 comments:

  1. yay!! glad he got back to his roots. That old explorer was broken down at the top of my neighborhood last week :)Marshall gave him a ride home...haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha loved the truck with the hole in the floor! way to go dad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truer words were never spoken!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete