Monday, September 14, 2009

Mother Goose's Landing

Only a mom can come to visit and by the time she has left, make you feel as though you were the one receiving the hospitality.
After a crazy, mad school day on Friday...(9 teachers were out of school, 3 without subs, 1 being an art teacher....which meant I had an average of about 35 students in my classes with only 26 desks)...I picked up my mom and we headed home. As Randy liked to say, the Mother Goose landed around 5:45 on Friday evening. She rode down with her neighbor for the weekend and I was so excited about having a house guest (even though we had no bed for her to sleep in, only a couch).
We picked up Randy and headed to, where else?, Central BBQ for some barbeque nachos, spicy wings, and rack of ribs. Two hours later, we were stuffed to the brim and on the couch watching a movie. Saturday morning my mom and I woke up and walked along the river to Miss Cordelia's for breakfast, and even though my mom lost the cash she stuck in her sock, we had a wonderful time. We had a lot of fun watching all the people with their babies, dogs, funny outfits, etc.
The rest of the day was spent at the Germantown Festival (Randy stayed on the couch with Jack all day trying to recover from being sick). This festival was the real deal...so crowded with tents, people, crafts, food, dogs, you name it...it was there. We ate some amazing crepes and then started picking through the tents. I came home with some wire pumpkins to decorate for fall and a little flower pot with bamboo to try and grow in the apartment. My aunt Sandi spent the day with us, surprised me with a cute little Christmas plaque, and by the time we rode the shuttle back to the car and all got home, we were spent!
That night we made some yummy homemade pizza and watched the Buckeyes (O-H-I-O) play a good game but lose to USC in the end...I think I was asleep for the 3rd and most of 4th quarter.
Sunday morning we had baked oatmeal and coffee before making caramel cupcakes, which took about 2 hours but tasted great! The end of the weekend consisted of a yummy meal at Sandi and Jack's home and the dropping off of Mother Goose to ride back to Nashville with her neighbor.
Now that the study/guest room is broken in, I hope we have more family come and visit soon!


2 comments:

  1. mother goose sounds like my friend lynza losing money in her sock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a fun weekend Lynsi!! I'm glad I got to share in it with you and Mother Goose! ha!

    ReplyDelete