Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Gingerbread Houses

I finally have some pictures to show! Thanks to Ellissa for emailing me photos from our Girls Club meeting, I actually have something to show for the month of December! I don't know about you, but this week is about as jam-packed as it can possibly be, and that is just to prepare for even more busy-ness come Saturday!
With all of the hustle and bustle, it really is the most wonderful time of the year! I have to remind myself to not let the crammed schedule ruin the merry mood. Anyways, last night was one of six commitments I made this week outside of school..phew! Girls Club is a group of teenage girls in the neighborhood who get together with myself and two other "adults" to have Bible study, snacks, crafts, games....really just whatever we want :)
All of the girls happen to be refugees from Burundi, and I am absolutely amazed at how well they have taken to the American language, school, culture, etc. They keep me smiling a lot about what they find fascinating/weird/funny. Last night was set aside solely for making gingerbread houses since they have spent the last two weeks studying day and night for exams.
Enjoy the pictures!
Vialette and Nehma EATING, not USING marshmallows for their houses.

Ester hard at work.

Look at that table! Henry was in heaven licking up all the sugary scraps!

Justine was sad because people were laughing at the "hair" on her house.

Randy got home from the gym in time to judge and Ester was the winner!! Too bad it isn't a better picture of her masterpiece.

Sakora used up all the cement on her mansion of a house.

Lots of merry-making. What a fun time on such a cold night!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun. I sure hope Santa brings you a new camera for Christmas so you can start taking pictures again.

    Love MOM

    ReplyDelete