Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving in Louisville

Without a camera, posts are no fun. However, for the sake of Thanksgiving, I will fill you in on how we spent our holiday. After school on Tuesday, Randy and I drove the whole 6+ hours to Louisville. We arrived after 1 or 2 am, I don't remember which, and crashed.
On Wednesday we went to Story Time with our sweet nephew, Luke, and then played with him while he tried to figure out who we were. That night Randy's parents arrived with pizzas from Donatos and we all just visited together.
On Thanksgiving, Rob and Jen and Grayden came and so did Grandma and Grandpa. We had a feast (of course) with some deliciousness that deserved a picture. The best part about our meal was that it was a small enough group (10 ppl) that we all sat around the dining room table together! My family never could do that!
Friday morning we woke up to SNOW!!! Not a lot, but it was the pretty kind. We got some good shopping buys but went late because there was nothing major we needed. Later that day we took the nephews to a blow-up indoor playground called KaZoing. They were so much fun to watch, and I even got to slide down the slide too!
Saturday and Sunday are kinda all a blur right now because I was so full of food, ha! Although it doesn't SOUND fun, we watched the boys play (they played so well together) the entire time... I loved seeing how they interacted together and what would make them smile. So that's it- family time as Thanksgiving should be!
On the way home we stopped for my dad's birthday lunch and family pictures thanks to the talented Jessi Carden :)

In wrapping up Thanksgiving, I have a lot to be thankful for, but at the top of the list would have to be my salvation. What a JOY it is to wake up each morning and know that no matter how terrible or wonderful this world is, there is something far better than my imagination waiting for me to enjoy with my Lord one day. And to know that it all came thanks to the birth of Christ: our Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, and Prince of Peace.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the shout out..cant wait to see you again for christmas! xo

    ReplyDelete