As if that wasn't good enough, Randy and I got a puppy!! Did I say puppy? Yes. Months ago when I started looking for a dog, Randy said "as long as it's not a puppy"....hmmm. Well, after four failed adoptions and an extremely emotional rollercoaster for me, I was ready to give up on finding a dog for our lifestyle. Then I read a Craigslist ad for Great Pyrenees/Lab mix puppies. I knew a little about the Great Pyr breed only because I had been researching "gentle giants", and after emailing the owner, decided this would be a perfect Hartman match! ....I better remind myself of that thought days from now when I have puppy horror stories to tell...
Anyways, here is our puppy. He doesn't have a name yet because Randy hasn't met him. He is 10 weeks old and should be about 90 lbs when he is full grown. His momma was 100 lbs, and dad was 70 lbs. So far him and Jack are doing much better than Jack has ever done with any other animal, and I hope that means good things for the future.
I literally just picked him up this morning and the most monumental step has been his first successful trip urinating outside! Don't worry, I'll have plenty of good stories to share with you guys! And those of you that worried I might start wanting a kid too soon, you can rest assured that this puppy will be the best form of birth control for the time being!

Isn't he adorable! Look at those paws! And the reason I'm wet in the picture below is because me and Amanda had just given him a 2 hour long flea bath! I don't know what I would have done if she hadn't been with me. She has already deemed herself his "godmother".

Jack wanted to drink out of the same water bowl.

He's already a fan of baseball like his master Randy.
Here I have included a photo of what this mixed breed looks like full grown. This dog is actually 8 months old, so not quite there. If he gets a little of both breeds, he should be a very good guard dog that has a docile temperament. The lab will hopefully bring out his energetic side. Randy's 2 musts are docile and disciplined, so let's hope he is both of those!

1st- Congratulations on the new position! You will be great with the little ones and I know you are so excited!
ReplyDelete2nd- Love 'no name' puppy. He's too cute!
So excited for you!! :) Your puppy is adorable...can't wait to see him!
ReplyDeleteWith so many changes, you need to rewrite your intro...
ReplyDeleteGoongamoongaboo junior, perhaps?
ReplyDeletehe is so cute
ReplyDelete