Monday, July 19, 2010

Puppy Patrol

Wow, it is starting to set in just how difficult this whole puppy thing is going to be. To get you thinking in puppy terms, think about how many times you go to the bathroom a day. I highly doubt your answer is 12, but if you are Henry and you're a 10 week old puppy, 12 is the magic number. I actually got it down to 11 yesterday, and Randy thinks I am pyscho-obsessed with taking him out every couple of hours, but I just want him to know that outside is THE only place to pee. He is doing better at night, but we are still having middle of the night potty breaks. All have been fine except for saturday night at 3 am when we had to deal not only with the sprinklers on every inch of grass, but also the low-flying helicopter with spotlight followed by an old man walking in the middle of the night....esschh.
Although I am the "primary" caretaker, Randy has been doing a lot as well....I think he feels a little "neglected" based on the following quote he gave his dental school friends, "The first morning we have a puppy, and this is the first morning I had to make my own sandwich!" Ha!
So the question is, who is more spoiled? Jack? Randy? Henry? Or me, because I am surrounded with three males 24/7?

LOVES to chew on bones.
This happens once Randy wakes up and he can puppy patrol. Little did I know that Henry was sleeping at the same time!

Look at that body language.
Henry doesn't really know how to properly eat yet. After two bites, he picked up the bowl in his mouth and took it over to Jack's scratchy mat. Notice Jack is leaving the scene as if to say, "it wasn't me".
Jack showing dominance...
He DOES sleep in his little doggy bed that my good friend, Donna, handed down. However, he also likes to chew on it. I thought this was cute, but Randy reminded me that while it might be cute to lightly chew on a doggy bed, it won't be cute in a few months when he is tearing a hole in the couch.
I promise I won't post puppy info too often, it's just that it is consuming every minute of my life right now so I thought I would let you in on the craziness.

No comments:

Post a Comment