Remember the post about the little things and my sweet hubby digging through the recycling bin for bottles? Well, here is our Message in a Bottle art history project! Each one is of a different artist and each contains a letter from the student! Cute, huh?
I am so proud of us girls, we did it!
Last update: I've been sewing a lot more. I've been inspired by Phyllis and a teacher at school who does quilts, and so this weekend I sewed a quilt top (one row still left and then I'll have pictures), a surprise for a birthday coming up, and pillows out of some fabric I fell in love with when I picked out the fabric for the parsons chairs. It reminds me of a batik (when you go to church with 12 Burundis, you fall in love with their wild colorful batik prints) but has such subtle color. I used the fabric from the parsons chairs for welting and voila! I still have a LOT to learn, but am getting there!
Note: I do not advise sewing when you only have one room available (Randy was still locked up studying at this point) and a JACK CAT on the loose. He almost lost his paw several times!

Sewing perfectionists, please don't start too long at this pic! :) The tiny bit of a pillow in the top right doesn't have a pillow form in it yet, that's why it looks so flat!

Sewing perfectionists, please don't start too long at this pic! :) The tiny bit of a pillow in the top right doesn't have a pillow form in it yet, that's why it looks so flat!
Your pillows turned out great...I love them. So glad to have a daughter who can do all my sewing for me!!!! Congratulations on your medal...woop, woop!! Congrats to Randy on successfully completing his test. Now, we will wait anxiously for his results (just kidding, I'm sure he did amazingly well). You both have a whole lot to be thankful for. Looks like Jack does, too, considering he escaped without a lost paw with all the sewing that was going on.
ReplyDeleteLove Mom
LOVE YOU LYNZA! YOU INSPIRE ME!
ReplyDeleteThe pillows look great. Job well done. I like having a "daughter" that sews.
ReplyDeleteLove, P