Saturday, February 27, 2010

He's a Jumper!

This morning started off like any Saturday morning. A good breakfast, reading, and being lazy until time for our newest part of Saturdays...working out at the UT Health/Science center. After meowing at us one too many times, Jack got his wish and went out on the balcony. This is a normal thing for him, and he has even been left out there for 2+ hours one day because "someone" forgot to let him in. Well, about 15 minutes after putting him out, we were starting to get ready to go and I went to let him in.
No Jack.
Seriously, nowhere.
I look over the edge, and do not see him. Keep in mind we live on the THIRD FLOOR.
Therefore, our Saturday morning was spent in search mode for our beloved little furry son. After looking 30 minutes, we were ready to give up. We did find a stray cat hiding along the way, but no Jackie. Finally, I was talking to Randy from the ground while he was up in the balcony, and all of a sudden, Jack decides to pop his head out of the bush directly below the balcony.
Now, I don't know how we missed him there, or whether he jumped on his own free will after a bird or fell. But, thankfully, he had not ventured far and was in no means hurt from a 3rd floor jump. The question is, Will he ever get to go out on the balcony again?!??

Since we got to workout like planned, we also had to go up to Randy's locker. This was the first time I really saw a sign of my husband being a dental student. He has not one, but two lockers full of teeth (both real and fake), weird liquids and clay-like substances with paint brushes that make me think they throw in an art class or something. At one point, Randy was offered a chocolate donut, but of course I could not accept. What's funny is that he had to do a little work and gave me the choice of holding either the donut or a container full of extracted human teeth. Despite my love for chocolate and my incapability of eating it, I chose the donut.
I was very excited to see the dental work that keeps Randy so busy. And very glad I am not the one who deals with teeth.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you found Jack! I have been wondering all weekend after Brandon came in Saturday morning and said you were looking for him. I'm sure you are relieved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I would have been sooo sad about Jack.

    ReplyDelete