Monday, February 15, 2010

Birthentine's Weekend

Taken from gossip magazines, I have coined this weekend "Birthentine", since it has been a blend between my birthday on the 11th and Valentine's Day on the 14th. Birthentine's weekend has come and gone, and here is how it went...
(Warning: To those of you who make a big deal of your birthday AND valentine's, you will be sorely disappointed with this post. But it was just what I wanted).

Thursday (my actual birthday) was a late day for Randy at school, so I started making a homemade pizza for us to eat when he got home and watch our favorite shows of the night, The Office and Project Runway.
Friday was our day to celebrate. Unfortunately, I did not feel well that day and instead of getting all dolled up on the one night that it made the most sense (and after my cousin had taken the time to cut and color my hair), I pulled it back in a ponytail and put on a comfy sweater wrap. I chose Benihana for my birthday dinner, and it was delicious! I got to get sushi (which Randy hates) AND all the other good stuff. We sat next to four way-trendy guys who we found out were a rap group (but then couldn't look them up online so they either are not who they say the are...maybe bigger, or are no names...who knows what rap groups look like?). With it being my birthday, I got the whole sha-bang, and our table got very excited with the celebration! Luckily, the medicine kicked in and got me in a great mood by this point, too. After dinner it was Redbox for a movie and while I could have decided to get dessert, we were far too full to do anything but go home and lay on the couch.


Valentine's Day.
Not Randy or I's favorite, just because it is mostly based on spending money and getting flowers, not really anything personal; and as Randy says, he would much rather get me these things as a surprise...and also wait until what he buys is coming from his paycheck, not mine. Haha, how I love being the breadwinner! All these little thoughts of his are fine, but he is setting himself up for some big shoes to fill later...
I thoroughly enjoyed cooking our dinner for Valentine's night, and that was our gift to each other. We went shopping at Whole Food's to splurge, and the final result was Steak (mine had blue cheese, Randy grilled them), garlic green beans, baked acorn squash, and garlic bread with dipping oil. And some Merlot. It was absolutely delectable, amazing, scrumptious...(okay, I'm done bragging now). And our table even looked nice! First time since we've been married possibly. Randy refused to use his good cloth napkin and used paper instead! The reason there are pictures of the table and not us is because we were in sweats...I didn't think the two matched very well. Our dessert was eaten on Saturday so to save a little on the calories, and I made a giant cookie dough skillet with ice cream on top! yummm


Today I have the day off, AGAIN, though not for snow. I kinda wish we were going in and not having to make up snow days later on, but I guess I better just enjoy it. Carpe Diem. So I am. I am making BRANana bread...bran, bananas, chocolate chips, walnuts, mmm. Even Jack wanted to help!
And last but not least, what do you get when you're married to an art teacher? Cheesy valentine's day magnets of course!...sorry so blurry.

Thank you, Randy for being my best friend, my Valentine, my source of laughter, my encouragement, and for making this weekend a great one!

3 comments:

  1. Branana bread made me laugh out loud. Thanx Lynz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean you read gossip magazines??? Lynsi, I'm so ashamed of you!!! And....Jack on the counter...I thought your mom taught you better than that. I know, I know...he's "all you've got." Glad everything worked out so well and looking forward to helping you celebrate Birthday #2 this weekend. Love...Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your sweater in your b-day pic. :)

    Also, I will have to get that acorn squash recipe from you. So glad the cookie dough skillet worked out. I will have to try it - I just love her recipes!

    ReplyDelete