Well, I just went to see the movie Julie & Julia with some friends whose husbands are also locked away studying this entire weekend. If you haven't yet seen the movie I would definitely recommend it...maybe I just enjoy cooking as of late, but I also thought the cast was pretty amazing. The movie fueled my desire to become a better cook, and some of you know that this summer I had big dreams for myself (notice I said "dreams"). If Randy ever gets out of dental school and we are able to get out of debt, I would love, love, LOVE to go to culinary school. There actually is one in Memphis but seeing as I'm an art teacher and that is what is paying the bills, my little urge to become "Chef Lynsi" has to wait. Plus, even though I like to cook, I don't think I would like being the chef of a restaurant, owning my own bakery, or even having my own cooking show should I ever become that famous, haha. I simply want to be a great cook for my family and friends. My mom is a great cook, and so thankfully she has shared some fail-proof recipes with me. I found what I believe is the best Kroger in Memphis this weekend so that is another step in the right direction. Randy and I watched the Cake Boss last night so I could show him how much ART is in cooking and baking. Maybe one day I can combine the two and have some impressive culinary skills under my belt. For now, I just enjoy experimenting from the several cookbooks I do have...and try not to cook too much since I cannot resist cooking without eating, which can be a problem when I cook for 10 but only 2 are sitting at the table!
Here are some things I've cooked lately: (these are the recipe names, not my description)
Killer Chicken Mole
Oreo Truffles
Chocolate Crinkles
Fried Mozzarella
Fresh Pesto and Mozzarella Pizza
Spicy Chicken and Chorizo Pizza
Spicy Three Meat Meatloaf
Serrano Pepper Polenta
Did I mention my husband loves HOT food?
I'll put your restaurant on LocalEats when you open it. :)
ReplyDeleteand i'll do the nutrient analysis :)
ReplyDeleteand i'll help you decorate cakes!
ReplyDelete