I have been experiencing pains of my own....the pains of knowing it is almost time to go back to school! Seeing the stupid "back to school" commercials on TV about what cute outfit your child will wear, etc. make it sound like such a fun thing....but I have thoroughly enjoyed my summer and not quite ready for it to end. I start inservice tomorrow (it lasts a complete week... waaaay too long if you ask me) and then on August 10th will welcome my little students (actually, not little....some are twice my size). It could be an interesting year, too. The school is on my case to help sponsor cheerleading. They think just because I'm young and under 150 lbs that I was a cheerleader...quite the contrary. Anyways, it would have some perks: possible job security at the school I would like to be at full time, some extra money, and a free week of substitutes while I went to Florida for Nationals and Disney World with the team. There is a lot to consider before I commit to it, and I would like to not have the responsibility while my time is spent at two schools...but, who knows?
To end on a good note, while the Hartmans are experiencing pain, the Wileys are celebrating promotions!! Congrats to Matthew and Jodi BOTH who have gotten recognized for all their hard work and many, many hours they put into their jobs. And watch out for some awesome new additions to Kirklands in the future since Jodi gets to start putting her good taste to work!
No comments:
Post a Comment