GOOO Bobcats!
Well, although I might be an energetic person, I have never, ever in my life been a cheerleader. At the ripe, old age of 24, however, I am becoming one. Actually my title is only "cheer sponsor" and I am splitting the job with another coach and only committing to two practices a week. I not only feel it is my "civil duty" to the school, but I think it sounds like a little bit of fun. Sure, I will complain some nights when I get home at 7 o'clock and Randy and Jack are lounging on the couch, but all in all, I think it will be good for me. I feel a little bit as though I have 'sold my soul to the devil' because if you think about all the drama of middle school...and multiply it times a million... you have middle school cheerleaders. It will make for good posts I'm sure, and probably enough drama to fill an issue of Star magazine. More to come on this whole cheer business...
But for now, we must talk about TRIVIA. Last night, some dental students and wives got together at Swanky's Taco Shop in Germantown for a night of trivia. I had never really been a part of something like this, and boy was it packed. We got to chow down on some Mexican food while playing which was a definite perk. The boys decided on a name that I still do not know the meaning of, but it is supposedly a dental term...thus 'Furcation Invasion' became our team name. Two of my favorite team names of the night were 'I Poked Your Mom on Facebook' and 'Fat Kids Win in Seesaw'.
Let the games begin...
We started out doing really well...We went into half time at tenth place out of about 28 teams. After halftime we found out a category would be art...(I had told the team that the only two areas I could contribute to were art and food, so I started feeling some pressure). We wagered the full 9 points on the question about which famous artist made VanGogh cut off his left ear. Well, I immediately wrote my answer and had the first name right but the last name WRONG! I failed my teammates and my many years of art history. Good thing I don't have to teach it in middle school. Anyways, after several other questions like "Name 4 out of the 5 hosts of Family Feud" and such, it was time for the final question. We wagered the full 20 points on our final answer, got it right, and the game came to an end. Team Furcation Invasion did not win but did get FIFTH place!! Out of 28!! We decided that on weeks that the boys don't have a test we will be back to Swanky's and eventually win. The prize? $75 dollars to spend at the restaurant...which split 8 ways is less than $10 dollars a person. But we do it for the sheer satisfaction of knowing random trivia.
Here are some pictures:
Sounds like a blast.....at least the TRIVIA part. The cheerleading part.....not so much! Lynsi + Cheerleading Drama = Lots of dramatic phone calls to mom......keep it all in perspective and try to enjoy.
ReplyDeleteLove you...Mom
"L-Y-N-S-I, Lynsi, Lynsi that's our cry!! Gooooooo LYNSI!!! YAY!" As you know, I was a cheerleader in middle school and high school, so if you need to borrow a uniform, pom poms, or a megaphone (that happens to be as tall as I am) Just give me a call!! HAAHAHA!! It may be drama, but it will definitely be enertaining! Good luck sister!! :) Love you!
ReplyDelete