Monday, August 24, 2009

Cars, Kittens, and Babies

Sneaking my way out of school at 4:05 on Friday, Randy and I got on the interstate and drove to Nashville. We got there in time for some Mazatlan with my mom and then lay on the couch the rest of the evening. Saturday was spent eating omelets and then to work...Randy and my dad worked on his car- brake pads, oil, etc. (the main reason we went) and I helped Kelsa sew baby blankets for her soon-to-be nephew at the house. At one point I was on the phone with Phyllis and Randy was of course with my dad and my mom thought it was funny that we were both learning from the in-laws. Anyways, Kelsa and I made two baby blankets made of fleece with satin trim. I would say we did all right, I still have a lot of room for improvement. The most important thing is that they were made with love for Keeley and her little baby boy, and I also got to spend some girl time....then....
What do you do on a beautiful Saturday afternoon?

We decided to get kittens. Well, not us but my parents did- we just highly encouraged it. My mom and dad have been toying with the idea for a while now and Randy and I selfishly talked them into getting them this weekend so we could be there. My dad was too "emotionally involved" with all of them on Craigslist and the sympathetic vocabulary got to him a little too much so he left us with the decision. In barely no time, my mom, Randy and I got in the car, drove to Pegram, and picked up Maximus and Rosie from a litter of 5 orange males and 3 calico females. There isn't anything cuter than kittens, even if you aren't a cat lover. They are about six weeks old and already have great personalities. Maximus was the biggest of the litter and most playful (name chosen by my father), Rosie was the smallest and most sassy (name chosen by my mother).
They gave Randy and I quite a scare when they hid for hours, but seem to fit in well at the Tucker home.
Later that evening, I went with Kelsa and Michelle to a much needed dinner at Rumba and then back to chat at the cabin. On Sunday we mostly watched the kittens wrestle and we also ate an absurdly large lunch of pork chops, fried apples, corn, and green beans...and ice cream with chocolate bars.
To top off our weekend we got to see Rob, Jen, and our little nephew Grayden who is so grown up! We had to wake him up from a nap which wasn't too fun, but he livened up quick. The little guy was singing "God is so good" and eating blueberries and cheese during our visit. We didn't hear him say too many other words, but he did wave to us as we left. It was so good to see both him and his parents and at the same time made us sad that we don't see them more often!
Also, last week we had round two of trivia and while our team did worse, I got the art question right this time...pheww!
Now on to week 3 of school and another study week for Randall.

2 comments:

  1. Maximus and Rosie are totally cute even if you dont like cats...so I vouch for that comment...

    and thank EWE for the help with the baby blanketS! love ewe sew sew sewwwww

    ReplyDelete