This quote was said by an eighth grader to another student- "If my nose were running money, I'd blow it all on you"
One of my sixth grade students who lived in India until the past couple of years informed me that his family gets a tax break because of the movie Slumdog Millionaire....um, can this be true?
One seventh grade girl looooooves the movie Wall-E (and dinosaurs) and now every time she hears my computer make the "on" sound, she perks up, points her finger and says "Wall-E's all charged up!"
Student elections just took place at school and when I asked the class "Who won the elections?" I had a sweet, bubbly girl say "Mrs. Hartman....Obama won the election!"
When asking students to write about what they would do if they could switch places with the president, here is some of what I got...
throw people with bad fashion in jail
legalize pant sagging (is it even banned?)
stop writing (I think this was said in a defiant manner, but I should not have been the one to receive this angry statement because I make students write like once a year)
destroy the color red...huh?
It is amazing how much students want to know about your life. I have been asked everything from "How is your husband doing, Mrs. Hartman?" to "Are you going clubbing tonight?"
Middle Schoolers pick up on EVERYTHING! Cut your hair, pluck your eyebrows, put on a couple pounds, Jack scratches, you name it.
I get mistaken for a middle schooler at least once a week, maybe it is because I have several of the same Old Navy shirts that I see my sixth graders wearing. (Luckily I haven't been wearing the same shirt on the same day yet)
Last but not least, I think everyone should experience being a chaperone at a middle school dance. Especially if the dance is at a school in Memphis. The new "electric slide" is Soulja Boy.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteIt's been confirmed! I was in Florida when I read this, and my friend Christa informed me that pant sagging is indeed illegal in Mobile, AL. Enjoyed this post. It made me giggle!
ReplyDeletethis is my life- rewritten! I should start keeping a journal of ridiculous things said at school. Somehow I think middleschool quotes may be funnier than hig school quotes. But hands down, mine will be more disturbing. I'll share with you sometime. And don't worry - I too get asked if I'm "going clubbin'" or "Is your husband hot? (like I would say no?)" or "you're not old enough to tell me what to do." And yes, I get asked if I have a hall pass at least once a week. Hopefully you haven't been asked if you're pregnant. I have been asked 5 times so far. Great! By the way - just to clarify- I am not pregnant.
ReplyDeleteGuess what happened today? I had a girl hit a boy over and over on the head with her high heel shoe. Never a dull day.
I am jealous that you got to go to the middleschool dance. That would be hilarious. Unfortunely, I had to miss prom this year to be in a parade. That's a whole other story. Maybe next year.