Monday, May 4, 2009

Wedding Bells and Biker Bars




Last weekend, Randy and I made the trek to Dayton, Ohio to celebrate with his Aunt Peggy, who got married to Phil Menard in March.  We are so happy for the two, who once went to high school together and met again some twenty years later.  They couldn't be a better match, and to testify to their fun personalities...their wedding celebration was at a biker bar named Jackass Flats.  
I had never seen 100+ motorcycles in one setting before.  The building itself looked like an old western saloon crowded with bikers coming from who-knows-where for $1 burgers (and booze).  Needless to say, I stood out walking into the party room in a sweet little outfit carrying a Bed Bath and Beyond gift bag.  
Peggy and Phil had so many friends and family there supporting them and it was so neat to see how happy and in love they are.  Randy got to catch up with his brothers and boy cousins, and by catching up I mean playing football and yuker.  I got to visit with the Hartman sisters and our cute little nephews, Luke and Grayden.  We spent the night at his Gr'ma and Gr'pas and went to a Reds game the next day...a perfect weekend with perfect weather.
If anyone is driving through Dayton, Ohio, you absolutely must make a stop at Rip Rap road and check out Jackass Flats. 

4 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you started blogging! Love the posts so far. I especially liked reading about Jack! Love you sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you enjoyed yourselves. It was so great to have all of you there to celebrate with us!
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way...the only one missing from your picture is Grayden...did he take it???
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  4. yuker?? its call euchre

    ReplyDelete