Wednesday, March 2, 2011

a LOST weekend

This past weekend I met some of my best friends in Eva (Tennessee River/Kentucky Lake area) to hang out at Jessi's cabin for the weekend. Anna Grace is due towards the end of March, and we wanted to have one last hoorah before babies enter our world...because we all know "a baby changes everything" (that's for you Jessi, Julianna, Allie, AG, if your reading).
Anyways, we got there late Friday night and stayed up waaay late (for me at least) talking and eating...literally, that's all we did. It's kinda funny how when you finally see friends you never get to see all you want to do is sit and talk.
Well, saturday morning I wanted to go for a run (I'll have a post about my new running lifestyle later) and set out by myself. No phone, but it was dead so it wouldn't have been much help anyways. I told Anna Grace that if I wasn't back in an hour and a half to come looking for me. The run was great...super hilly but beautiful...deer everywhere, water to my right, no cars in sight, just beautiful. UNTIL I looked at my watch and realized I had been running for one hour and probably missed my turn. Instead of turning around right then, I just keep going to find out if the road is just a little bit up ahead. Soon I realize I have no idea where I am. Then I think, "I'm out in the country on a saturday morning, surely people will be out working"....nope. I try to flag down not one but two cars....nope. Finally, I hear some men in a garage welding or something, I run back there (it was way behind their house) and ask where I am...they proceed to tell me I am about 3 miles away from where I should be. At this point I can no longer run and am walking, but feel like I should be running so kinda do an in-between. I finally see my big turn, but then I am on all the back roads next to Jessi's cabin and lost again. I look at the watch...it's been 2 hours and counting since I left. Just as I topped a wrong hill and thought I literally couldn't move another inch, Jessi and Anna Grace come driving up saying my name...THEY CAME TO FIND ME!!
The rest of the day I stayed very close to the cabin :)

Funny side note: I found out later that Kelsa was lost around the same time in San Diego by HERself...coincidence? I think not!
Our humble abode for the weekend...so cute.
Ahhhh....the water.
You gotta love a retro kitchen.
And big vines wrapping around giant trees.
The gang enjoying the view.

I would have biked had I not spent over two hours on foot!
Last photo before baby Audrey?!??

After this crazy/fun/much-needed trip, I headed to Nashville. I really lucked out by getting to see so many family and friends in such a short amount of time! My sister and brother-in-law happened to be in Nashville from Ohio so I got to see them Saturday and Sunday. I also squeezed in some time with my the bride-to-be, Michelle, to talk weddings and Jen, my sister-in-law, who is on bed rest for a month :(. Basically, I got to do all the things Randy doesn't like to do...talk, talk, and talk some more...oh, and I got to see Audrey Belle's nursery and my parent's new sofa (Randy wouldn't much care for that either). Somehow I forgot to mention that I got some really good food along the way. Although getting lost wasn't fun, the rest of my weekend sure was!

2 comments:

  1. what a time! ill cherish that memory with my bestest of friends..xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just like that you were lost from "the cabin" ;)

    love my lynza - the best part ab being lost at the same time is that I was totally wishing you were with me at that very moment!

    ReplyDelete