Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Where do I start?

My life the past couple of weeks has been so busy that I have not even THOUGHT about updating this blog. Apparently I am too busy living my life to write about it. Lots has happened, but as always, I will only include the highlights...

The first is not at all a highlight, but the end of an era. Jack has found a new home. At first I thought this deserved it's own post about how wonderful of a cat he was, etc., but then I realized that he isn't dead (he is very much alive and well), he just found a better home. Here is the makeup of why he is no longer living with us: Henry was getting really rough with him, and at the moment I need a guard dog more than a rowdy cat; he always wanted to go outside, and made runs for it, but our neighborhood is not exactly where you want a cat to roam; but the biggest reason is his attacking nature, which we thought was funny for a while, until I showed up with cut arms all the time. Randy firmly decided that Jack would not be around when we had a baby because of his unpredictable aggression; and, although we are not having a kid soon, I thought it would be best for him to go ahead and make a new transition rather than make this one in the new house to just turn around and find a new home in a year or so.
Therefore, Jack now belongs to a fifty-year-old man named Tony, who was so excited to get him and let Jack have the run of his house. He loves that Jack has the personality of a dog and is the alpha male, and he loves that we gave him all of Jack's things to make him feel at home with the transition.
Am I sad about it? Yes. Did I cry? Yes. But it really was the best decision for our life at this point, and also better for the crazy, unpredictable Jack Cat.

I went to Nashville last weekend because I have some fun news to share...one of my very best friends is PREGNANT!!!! YAY! Anna Grace and Drew are expecting their first child in March, and I was so excited to get to have ice cream with her and grill her with tons and tons of questions. I am so happy for them, and it so happens to be that we will have another niece/nephew around that time because Danny and Jenna are also expecting in March. Busy month! Cannot wait to find out what each are having....I'm hoping for a boy for the Townsends and a girl (finally, hopefully) for the Hartmans! I also got to go to a good friend's bachelorette/lingerie shower. Katie and Matt get married in October, and we spent Saturday canoeing 13 miles down the Harpeth, then eating Baja Burrito and watching Katie open her lingerie gifts. It was so fun to be with old college friends. (Am I really "old" enough to call college friends "old"? Geesh.) Sunday was family time, and then home to see the hubs and pup.

A good friend and new PA (physician's assistant), Janine, moved into our "apartment" on Monday. She will be staying there until she finds a permanent place, and we are so excited to have her not only in Memphis, but in our very own backyard!!

Henry had been SOOOOO good lately that we bragged about him to friends. Well, I guess we spoke to soon because the very next day Randy came home to a house that was filled with pages from his Bible. Henry had chewed his Bible covers, eaten the entire book of Genesis and the first 10 chapters of Exodus. To make matters worse, he threw up a ton (probably because he ate the Bible and God was punishing him) and then sat on the couch (a HUGE no, no) and got slobber on my pillows. Yuck. Well, the dog that had won himself freedom around the house for two weeks straight is now back to being in the kitchen until he gets a little older.

Now I am just busy thinking about the next couple of big things we have going on....Sarah Kate visits tomorrow from Australia, we go camping this weekend in Arkansas, the Reds will be in the playoffs for the first time in 15 years which makes Randy too excited for words, and Kelsa visits me soon. To cap it all off we are having some amazing weather and I am loving every minute of it!

1 comment: