I've been a little behind in blogging, and all I can say for that is that I have been enjoying some summer time...which means I have been doing absolutely nothing! Anyways, here is a recap of May.
First, school closed up and with it we had to say goodbye to the principal of AMS, Mrs. Patricia Prescott. Having only taught at the school for two years, I can't say I know her as well as others, but the moment I interviewed with her I knew she was going to be a wonderful person to work for. Rarely can you find someone so loving, yet stern enough, to create an excellent middle school environment. I mean, let's be honest, middle school years are the worst...but somehow she made them shine. She will be missed so much as she retires to spend time with her grandchildren. She brought so much to everyone at AMS.

The drama teacher, Mrs. P, and me!

Mrs. P and my fellow art teacher, Mrs. Sledge.
Next up was a Saturday that my parents and sister drove all the way to Memphis to see our new house. Pictures will come of that soon, but since we can't move until August, I didn't want to be too premature. My aunt Sandi came too and we had a wonderful day. They got to see the house and eat at Caritas Village, a community center slash restaurant slash soup kitchen slash art slash yoga slash..you get the picture. The lunch was delicious and I found out a little more about ways I might be able to help out in the Binghamton neighborhood. Caritas means "love for all" in Spanish and the woman who opened this place has done a great job living out that message. It was great for our family to see the place and get a feel for the neighborhood.
After lunch, we dropped the boys off at the apartment to do this...

And us girls did this...


Other happenings in May have included the Binghamton baseball games. The Brewster Navigators are part of a little league and they have been having a good year. Coach Randy has had a great time getting to know and coach these little guys. I have enjoyed seeing the team improve, and since Randy and I always drive a crew to the game, there are some pretty funny conversations.


I play with the siblings of the little Navigators, and we have a pretty good time too.

This past weekend I got a free trip to Nashville..woohoo! Randy had a Christian Medical/Dental Health conference at Belmont University and I hitched a ride with all the medical folk to spend a few days at my old stomping grounds with Kelsa at the cabin. I even got to sleep in my old bed and walk around the West End area and eat at Rumba with Kelsa and Jessilou who I haven't seen in ages! We had so much fun sitting out by West End Avenue and just catching up on everything. The second night Kelsa and I cooked salmon, garlic green beans, and quinoa with spinach and feta. Boy was it yummy...I LOVE quinoa! You should go buy some..it's pretty delicious. I also got to meet up with my mom for lunch at Bread & Company which I miss greatly. And, oh, I got to visit with Peanut too, of course! Before meeting up with Randy and the medical gang to leave on Saturday, we had a Tucker Pancake Breakfast at my parents and Kelsa's dad came over to enjoy the morning. All in all, a perfect three days. You know your having a good time when you sit at the kitchen table talking for two hours
after eating your meal...and that is what we did each time!

I had to share this. After the flood in Nashville, the news stations all asked that Nashvillians conserve water. Kelsa might get the award for best conserver, because look at her bill! $1.50!

Last day of May, Memorial Day! Coming back from Nashville, I felt really sick for a day or two, but made it to our Memorial Day cookout at our friend's house. We had tons of people from the neighborhood (well, what
will be our neighborhood). Nothing like celebrating the first of summer with friends, burgers, watermelon, and smores...yummmm!
so fun :) LONG LIVE QUINOA!
ReplyDeletelove ewe lynz. happy to make the blog and can't wait to play again. tucker pancake breakfasts are the best.