This is Randy and I's 2nd Christmas in Memphis, and I got a few more decorations this year. It isn't quite a winter wonderland, but it gives the intended festive vibe. The story to go with decorations goes like this...
the apple doesn't fall far from the tree....(forgetfulness)
A week or so ago I talked Randy into doing decorations complete with music, baking, etc. which was a difficult feat considering he was deep in study mode. He agreed to go get the decorations out on the deck and came back with nothing...A call later, we realized I had left them in Nashville last year and INTENDED on getting them on Thanksgiving! oops. Luckily, my aunt was coming from Nashville to Memphis and brought them.
These are a few of my favorite things...about Christmas:
*Baking: I spent all day yesterday making toffee bars, mint brownies, and a brownie mocha trifle...mmmm. I also went to a Holiday Treats Exchange and have a box full of goodies for the whole week. The bad part? My clothes are tight....TOO tight!
*Family: I get to spend Christmas with so much family and I cannot wait to see them all! Randy and I are spending the most time with Danny, Jenna, and Luke in Louisville. I've also enjoyed time with my Memphis family and Church family. We decorated Christmas cookies with the Burundi girls last night which was the biggest mess I've ever seen, and then spent the night playing games and laughing..laughing..laughing.
*Cheese: Both in the ball form (I loooooove cheese balls) and in the cheesy Christmas way...aka the Singing Christmas Tree at Bellevue Baptist. It is equivalent to a Broadway performance in a megachurch. Ridiculous? Yes...but amazing.
*Shopping: Most got done on Black Friday and online, but I got to go shopping for my angel through school, a 1st grader in Memphis and loooooved it.
*Music: I've lately called Randy the Christmas Killer because he complains about the Christmas music in my car...
*Lights!
*Movies: Favorites are It's A Wonderful Life and Elf...also love Home Alone.
*Fire: We made our first fire the other night when we had friends over. I don't know who loved it more...Jack or me....probably Jack!
*Time Off!: Randy is already done (the worst is over) and I will be done after this week. Pheeww!
Jack in his ski vest. Sadly, I couldn't get much better shots of him because he hates it so much!
Believe!! And our lone ornament, which reads "The Hartmans 2008"...we will get a tree one day when we have a house and more room for our cat to roam and not try to climb it!
Candy cane centerpiece with snow-filled martini glasses! Yes, I am aware that I need a runner to complete it, but because I have a beast of a cat who pulls at all fabrics, this must do for now.And last but not least, for those of you that have never seen It's A Wonderful Life, click on this link to watch the Tucker version...with me having the best line: "Look daddy...every time a bell rings, an angel gets its wings"...now how did my aunt Sandi know to put me as that character?!

The Tucker version of "It's a wonderful life",- hilarious, yet kinda creepy! Randy's character gave me the creeps a little! Haha! Can't wait to see you this weekend, and next too! Love you sister!
ReplyDelete