Wednesday, November 25, 2009

"It's 3 AM.."

On Sunday night, well really Monday morning at 3 a.m., Randy's parents, D & P came to visit us! Now, being the breadwinner and the one who slaves away for my student of a husband (haha, I love saying that because I know I don't have too much longer to use it against him!) I had to teach the next two days. Fortunately, Randy was off and got to be the host. As his dad said, "You know your youngest son is all grown up when he stays up to let you in and cooks you breakfast when you wake up!" Randy cooked banana nut pancakes the first day and biscuits, eggs and sausage the next day. What did I eat? Cereal and cookies!! Poor, pitiful, me! I got some visiting time in with them, but the most important thing is that Randy got the most time with his parents, and they finally got to see our apartment and meet their furry grandson, Jack. One of the big reasons for their visit was to see their dear friend and former preacher, David, who has recently received a liver transplant and is recovering in Memphis. They were so happy to see him and offer both him and his wife some encouragement from the Southgate home. Monday night we took them to, where else?, Central BBQ, where I used a coupon from my besties website, Where the Locals Eat. After satisfying our tummies, we drove by Graceland because the Hartmans heard the Christmas lights were up. As we pulled up to Elvis' home on Elvis Presley Boulevard, the whole car was doing our best Elvis impressions.
Tuesday, they picked me up after a day spent at the apartment eating whatever was in the fridge (it paiiiins me that I couldn't have been there to whip them up something...instead, Randy got rid of what would go bad over the holidays). Phyllis rode with me while Randy rode with D and after stopping to eat at Steak and Shake and drawing on the placemats, we both went our seperate ways.
Luckily, we get to see them again on Friday for our nephews 1st BIRTHDAY party!
Now.....on to Turkey!

Oh, I almost forgot the best part. Being in a one bedroom apartment, the in-laws had to sleep on a blow-up mattress. I did my best making it look like a real, comfy bed and even put miniature candy bars on their pillows. Well, apparently it lost some air during the night and when D got up, he made P fall off....what's even funnier is when he got back ON, he sent her flying in the air. When she woke up? The bed had filled up around her and she had to cry for help from the boys. I wasn't there...but them telling the story is pretty priceless!

1 comment:

  1. Haha!! P was telling us about that last night... It sounds hilarious! Glad you had a good visit with them. Rob and I were just saying we need to make a trip to Memphis too, (I've got to try this Central BBQ I hear about..). Love you guys, see you Friday!!

    ReplyDelete