Wednesday, June 17, 2009

LOVING my Job!

(All those reading this that are currently working, please don't hate me.)
I have recently discovered how teachers end up teaching for so long after enduring so many days of just barely staying alive.  The answer to the mystery of teaching is simple: SUMMER.  Just when you don't think you can handle one more inappropriate comment from a middle schooler, you get to choose your own daily schedule and go on vacations while the county still mails in the paychecks.  I have to admit, it feels pretty good....really good.  And, at the same time, I do think I have deserved it!  I know that other teachers feel the same way too, and that anyone who is not a teacher despises us during the summer months.  I would probably despise us too.  
Anyways, I will be going back to work the first of August so I have to live it up while I still can.  The best part of June has been that Randy is off too!  Our days consist of TV, movies, laying out at the pool, and playing with Jack.  After gorging ourselves at the lake, Randy decided we should do something productive, so we have been doing a workout five days a week.  For the first time since high school (and even then I found some way to cheat) I am lifting weights and using the actual "machines" that are in the weight room.  I'm so proud of myself!  I still fear I might get "big"...even though both Randy and my dad say that won't happen.  Our friend Heather has started to do the workout too and we were saying how we wish we had taken 'before and after' pictures...or maybe not.  In addition to all that, I've also gotten to read more than usual which I have enjoyed.  I finished Marley&Me and have now started the Shack.  If anyone is reading this that has a fun beach read suggestion, I will need one when we go to Mexico!  
And, of course, I have to share my favorite picture of our handsome son, Jack.  Randy and I joke that he would be worthy of a kitty calendar with this shot!

3 comments:

  1. Love that Jack Cat and can't wait to kittysit him while you're in Mexico. The treats are ready!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teachers earn that summer vacation!
    P

    ReplyDelete